Bay Cities Refuse—Carrying Our Community to Sustainability
Can’t find what you
are looking for?
Contact us using the form below and we will get right back to you. Or, call 415-332-3646
Garbage, Recycling & Compost Regular Schedule
Our routes will work all holidays except Christmas and New Year. Depending on what days Christmas and New Years fall, pick up is one day late.
EWaste Collection Event | Saturday, May 1, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Get rid of old TV’s, cell phones, modems, printers, monitors, laptops, scanners, fax machines, keyboards, remote controls, DVD players and more. . . Look for date with your bill January 1st or in the City of Sausalito’s Current Events enews.
Why Recycle Ewaste?
- Helps to preserve our natural resources
- Keeps toxins like mercury and lead out of landfills
- Recycling E-Waste is the socially responsible thing to do!
- Frees up space in your office and home
May 17-21 Cleanup
Sausalito’s Cleanup is scheduled for the week of May 17—21 on your regular day.
- Limit (1) one cubic yard or equal to seven plastic lawn bags. All material must be placed in bags, boxes or containers and placed at the curb by 6:00 a.m.
- NO LOOSE ITEMS
- Large items such as furniture, mattresses, etc. can be taken for an extra charge. Call our office for quote 415-332-3646
Battery & Bulb Take Back
Batteries and fluorescent bulbs are considered hazardous waste because they contain toxic heavy metals and have corrosive properties. Small quantities of household bulbs and batteries may be dropped off at several participating businesses throughout Marin County:
- Waterstreet Hardware318 Caledonia, Sausalito, (415) 332-4318
- Goodman Supply775 Redwood Highway, Mill Valley, (415) 388-6233
- Jackson’s Hardware435 Du Bois Street, San Rafael, (415) 454-3740
Acceptable Items: Alkaline batteries, silver button batteries, fluorescent tubes of 4 feet in length or less, compact fluorescent bulbs, rechargeable nickel cadmium.